To apply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
FleaHab is a non-profit that offers a new approach to sober living. FleaHab’s mission is to provide a sober living environment that integrates sports, nutrition and healthy lifestyle into recovery. Directed by big wave surfer Darryl (“Flea”) Virostko, FleaHab offers a new hope for those recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
As an Intern, you will work with the FleaHab team to develop a social media strategy for consistent communication across social media platforms. You will be directly involved in setting up channels and managing the channels. You will have direct impact on creating an outstanding social media journey for our audience.
The ideal candidate is passionate about social media, eager to contribute and gain valuable experience building engaging social media marketing campaigns from the ground up.
What You’ll Do
• Plan and produce social engagement content/campaigns
• Create, write and edit social copy and publish posts
• Assist in identifying and curating content for posting on social platforms including, but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
• Work in a variety of platform-specific content management systems
• Assist with analyzing performance of social content and incorporate insights into future content and campaigns; track and report to marketing/management team
• Actively monitor social pages (external/internal) and editorial posts to maximize reader engagement and help with managing the customer experience across key platforms
• Maintain Social Media Calendar
• Gather assets for Social Media
• Periodic audit of customer-facing websites for consistency, quality, etc.
• Assist with search marketing and site search improvements.
Note: This an internship for 6 months. As FleaHab is a non-profit, there is no hourly range for this position but a performance based bonus will be granted upon completion of the internship. This is a remote position with location in Santa Cruz, CA a plus.
What Would Make You Stand Out
• Understanding of the different social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
• Strong written, editorial, and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
• Be a self-starter with excellent research and organization skills
• Passionate about the social media space and keep up with trending topics and best practices
• Experience with graphic design, video editing, illustration, photo-editing design a plus
• Be detail-oriented and have a strong level of accountability.