Integrating healthy lifestyle habits and a healthy environment into your life is our unique approach to sustaining sobriety. FleaHab is located in beautiful Santa Cruz, California, where the Redwood Mountains meet some of the most beautiful surf breaks in the world. It’s a sweet place to establish your path to sobriety.
The mission of FleaHab is to provide a sober living environment, created to integrate exercise and a healthy lifestyle into the recovery process for those afflicted with drug or alcohol addiction.
FleaHab will provide an alternative sober living program for clients interested in a more holistic approach to recovery. With the help of friends, family, and business associates, Darryl is incorporating what he has learned to work for his sobriety into a concept to help others. He has worked with recovering addicts locally and experienced success in introducing these clients to the benefits of living an active and healthy lifestyle.
Fleahab: A New Approach to Sober Living
- FleaHab expands upon the traditional concept of the SLE to focus on a holistic mind, body and spirit approach to recovery
- FleaHab involves daily physical activity and sports – replacing the high of drugs with the endorphins of exercise
- FleaHab supports a healthy community where clients interact in positive ways
- FleaHab integrates physical activities with clients’ ongoing support systems such as AA
What is a Sober Living Environment (SLE)?
- A safe and clean place where recovering alcohol and drug addicts go to get their lives on track, typically after a structured rehab program
- A sober living community where clients adapt to sober life through routine chores, meetings and community life with other recovering addicts
- A rule-based approach to living where clients are held accountable for actions and negative behaviors
- A positive atmosphere for clients to build a solid foundation and transition to society
Why it’s Important
Drug arrests are up 100% in California and jails are full
A study published in 2011 by the Betty Ford Clinic states the value clearly:“The lack of a living environment that supports sustained recovery is a major obstacle to successful treatment of substance abuse disorders in out-patient programs and SLH’s (sober living houses) should be considered as an adjunct to outpatient treatment for clients who have access to limited financial resources or reside in destructive living environments.”